Thursday 16 April 2015

QUESTION SEVEN: LOOKING BACK AT YOUR PRELIMINARY TASK, WHAT DO YOU FEEL YOU HAVE LEARNT IN THE PROGRESSION FROM IT TO THE FULL PRODUCT?



As mentioned in the 3rd slide, we experimented with different audio and visual transitions, like the exponential fade at the beginning of our non diegetic soundtrack.


We used the video effect called dip to white for our visual transitions, and shortened it. We had to look on the programme and experiment with other effects before using it, when we were editing the preliminary task we did not know how do to anything like this.








CAMERA ANGLES/SHOTS SLIDE:
As I have mentioned in this slide, I have learnt how to compose different shots. I have also found out more about how to compose shots that conform to the genre as well as them looking aesthetically pleasing. In the preliminary task, I only knew how to make them look aesthetically pleasing, I didn't really consider aspects of genre.

Having said this, some of our shots from our preliminary task are similar to those in our final. This is because they were successful in our preliminary, and the way they were framed was aesthetically pleasing so we decided to repeat them.






I have also learnt a lot about working to a specific brief, as once we had the initial concepts there wasn't much we could change about the plot, which I found slightly tricky because I had quite a few different ideas. 
I found it easier to stick to generic conventions because of the extent of my research, and I think I had already grasped features of the sub genres quite well. 
Without the amount of planning and research I have done, I do not think the final product would look anything like it does. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment